About This Role
Gear Patrol is seeking a contract-based Front-End Designer for our growing Design team. This position is intended specifically for a digital or UX designer who is well-versed in the process of designing for digital platforms including desktop, mobile, and email newsletter, and bringing designs and wireframes to life. This role will report directly to the Creative Director and work alongside multiple high-level leaders.
If you have what it takes, please apply. We will consider all applicants with no regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, or disability.
- Creating frontend designs and wireframes in tools such as Figma and XD
- Documenting progress using project management tools and communicating updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting designs to internal and stakeholders, including articulating why certain design choices were made
- Bringing these Figma and XD files to life with CSS and HTML
- Translating web designs to content for other platforms: email newsletters, social media, etc.
- Being an advocate for accessibility at all points of the design process, including ensuring all designs are up to WCAG 2.0 Compliance
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Strong familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Minimum two years of previous experience in UI, engineering, UX, programming, or related work
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software and wireframe tools including Figma and Adobe XD
- Experience working with project management tools such as Asana
- You are up-to-date with the latest web technologies, techniques, features, and ADA guidelines
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and grid principles
- Excellent typography, layout and visual design skills
- Strong artistic eye for design, user interaction, functionality, and readability
- Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, userflows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes
- Have experience working in a remote team, hand in hand with developers
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply
Please send your CV/résumé in PDF form and link, as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Front-End Designer”. In your email, please also include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you’re a great fit for Gear Patrol.
- Links to previous projects you helped develop and a detailed overview of how you led or impacted the operational success of these projects.
- Links to any other previous work applicable to Gear Patrol and digital or editorial web design
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your résumé as having been received unless your email bounces back.
About Gear Patrol
Founded in 2007, Gear Patrol is an award-winning print and digital publication, store and content studio based in New York City. We believe that the things we create and own, as well as the habits that surround them, play a crucial role in our global culture. Products, in short, are culture. From the Model T to the iPhone, and anything before or since, products hold the power to revolutionize the way we work, relax, communicate, travel, look, learn and more.
That’s why we’re focused on something we call Product Journalism a.k.a. #ProJo. Our mission is simple. We are a team of creators, users, and enthusiasts, hell-bent on building the definitive resource for discovering products and exploring the stories that surround them. Our goals are not limited to specific platforms or mediums. We know that making essential experiences for product lovers requires leveraging the best that digital, print and social platforms all have to offer.
We hold our core values of teamwork, transparency, integrity, accountability, selflessness, and creativity above all else, and base our culture around them. Our work ethic is defined by vigor, speed, quality, and flexibility. We welcome challenges as an opportunity to reach new heights and never forget that our biggest strength is our people.
Gear Patrol is a place where amazing work happens, and the more you put in here, the more you’ll get out.
Gear Patrol strives to be a diverse and inclusive company. We firmly believe that different voices, experiences and points of view are an essential component of our current and future success. We welcome and encourage people from all walks of life to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetics or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io