We’re never going to be the kind of people that could ever live with just a single season, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a favorite time of year. Our favorite time of year…
With the Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack Hybrid, Filson has made what’s perhaps one of the bags in the world, ever. And that’s not hyperbole. The outdoor brand is famous for making products from unique fabrics like heavyweight Tin Cloth. Its Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack Hybrid jettisons this material in favor of 600 denier all-weather tear-resistant nylon.
If you’re not knowledgeable on bags, you probably don’t know how big a deal that is. To put things in perspective, this fabric was originally developed by DuPont as a material for flak jackets. Yes. Which is to say the Duffle Pack is no match for any wear and tear than usually comes about from being carelessly slung around when you’re on commute.
That said, the bag remains lightweight all things considered. Rugged, technically superior to most other options, and complete with reinforced zips. Filson isn’t exactly a brand known to disappoint, but it’s outdone itself with the Ballistic Nylon Duffel. There’s more, though. Another highlight comes in its ability to change between three different bag styles depending on what you need it for at a given occasion.
Two rucksack straps hide in the base, which means when you don’t need them, you can tuck them away if you don’t want the extra eyesore. Then you can just carry it around like any other duffle bag with one hand and by the shoulder straps. It also only takes a few seconds to deploy the backpack straps and sling it on either shoulder. You’ll even find a full-length padded laptop pocket that fits laptops up to 15 inches. There are also two exterior side pockets and one interior zippered pocket for extra storage, as well.
Patagonia–also affectionately known as Patagucci round these parts–has quite a reputation when it comes to the production of their stylish outerwear, workwear, jackets, down, flannels and, well, everything else they make. The point being, they…
We’ll admit we’re always a little dubious when anyone describes their product as “fxxxking great”, but the Mjölnir from Feb 29 LLC really delivers on their claim that this is a “fxxxking great wallet.” We’re…
Can you believe Seiko has been around since 1881? Yes, we can’t either. That’s a testament to the brand’s relevance that they still manage to cater to a millennial audience despite being so ancient. Because they’ve been around so long, that means the company has acquired quite a sizable treasure trove of classics. One such example is the 1968 Prospex Automatic Diver’s watch, which is now getting a limited edition re-release.
There are several noteworthy differences between the original 1968 Prospex Automatic Diver’s watch and the variant for this new era. Most importantly, the new one boasts a 37-jewel calibre 8L55 movement with a 55-hour power reserve. It can survive, theoretically, up to 300 meters underwater. Though summer is almost nearing its end, which means you won’t be diving anytime soon, the sophisticated design of this watch will make you want to wear it for any occasion.
In terms of aesthetics, however, much remains unchanged. There’s still the coated stainless steel exterior with its signature flat caseback. Plus a gorgeous unidirectional dive timer bezel, and for good measure, a durable and robust yet super strong silicone band. Seiko will hand off just 1,500 examples, so better hurry if you want one.
This iconic timepiece is now available for $5,400. That’s a tad bit too pricey for a diver’s watch, for sure. However, the classic design and time-tested quality and performance make the asking price more than worth it. Make sure to hit the link below for more information on how to purchase one.
Are we in a psychedelic trip is Tag Heuer just really got creative with its latest collection of watches? Well, it doesn’t matter. Free-spirited hippies, listen up. If you can afford it, Tag Heuer’s latest lineup is chic, soaking in style, and dripping with attitude. The Tag Heuer Carrera is a junkie’s fever dream.
The variant above, in particular, deserves praise for its flashy yet still understated aesthetic. The merit should go to Bamford and Black Badger, who collaborated on this project. Each watch features a unique style, made using Fordite found in Michigan Ford factories during the 1970 to the 1990s era. The Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 evinces this very “cool car” vibe.
It’s simple. In modern car factories, the various components like doors are bodies, hand on jigs and move through the assembly line for coating. Then they’re baked. These components go through the process just one time, usually. But the mounting components go through hundreds. Then they accumulate collected overspray that drops.
One day, a curious worker discovered that these ugly clumps had a surprise inside. The cut or sanded into, gorgeous geological patterns appeared. They feature hundreds, if not thousands, of layers of car paint. And thus, the Tag Heuer Carrera. The patterns and colors are completely random, but each one is undeniably beautiful and breathtaking. Talk about happy accidents. There’s something so cool about finding art in the oddest of places. In this case, a place from where you would least expect art to appear. Hit the link below to check out the entire collection.
If you want robust boots that can handle any weather, get On’s new Cloudrock Waterproof boots. To be clear, they’re not technically boots, but shoes masquerading as mid-length boots. And they’re pretty great. On unveiled its first pair of kicks only ten years ago, and they’re still going pretty strong.
But with the Clodrock Waterproof, On dives foot-first into an entirely new category of footwear. The Cloudrock Waterproof doesn’t seem like your everyday speed hiking boots in that they look far more sophisticated than most options on the market. Not only that, but the Cloudrock Waterproof remains true to the brand’s fast-paced roots by making the pair very lightweight. In total, it weighs in at just 15.7 ounces, which is insane considering how other pairs weigh.
Even more impressive than the weight itself is the included ruggedized Missiongrip rubber lug outsole. There’s also a FlexLock lacing system. You can tighten the boots with just one hand, which could come in handy in certain situations outside. Imagine your other hand is occupied and you need to lace these boots up for safety. You can do so with the Cloudrock Waterproof, no sweat.
The boots also come with a protective 360-degree mud guard and zero-gravity CloudTec cushioning for comfortable footfalls. Which is all to say the Cloudrock Waterproof shoes are the perfect choice if you like hiking and don’t want a pair that’s easily ruined by puddles. You can choose from three different colorways, and each pair costs $300. A hefty but worthy purchase.
Lunar landing tie-ins are showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. Truth is, we want it to keep on coming just to show how much the world loves the groundbreaking moment. It’s awe-inspiring to recall that 50 years ago, people could rightfully say that there is indeed a man on the moon. Earlier, a Swiss sports apparel brand offered a stellar-themed item – the On Cloud Edge Moonlight. Now, another Swiss brand is hot on its heels with its own homage to the epic journey. The Victorinox Man on the Moon Tinker Special Edition 2019.
In place of the red scales and silver tools, this commemorative model features a unique aesthetic presentation. Each side of the handles is decorated with images of the moon landing. On one side, you have a picture of the lunar surface with a cluster of stars on the horizon. Flip it over and you’ll see another angle that showcases the landing gear of the lunar lander. Moreover, the exact date and time of the event are printed on as well.
Taking some design cues from the Spartan PS, the metal parts of this special variant comes with a darker shade. The stainless steel components sport a polispectral coating that adds a stylish black finish. There are 12 tools in total that reside within its cellidor scales. Longtime users of Swiss Army Knives should rest easy knowing that the usual suspects are available. Only 1,969 examples of the Victorinox Man on the Moon Tinker Special Edition 2019 will be available, so hurry up.
Images courtesy of Victorinox
Nike unveils its newest proprietary cushioning system, called Joyride. Like most of its previous systems, this new variant is lightweight, offers a high level of energy return. But what makes it unique is that it boasts thousands of little TPE beads, placed strategically in areas where the foot lands when in motion.
This new system has been years in the making, according to Nike. The company drew inspiration from a common observation that runners preferred walking or running on softer ground over concrete paths in cities.
“We took that insight and married it with this notion of sand,” says Nike executive Barton. “‘[in essence] that sensation of taking your shoes and socks off at the beach, where you first step onto it and it conforms to your toes and your feet.”
In effect, wearing the Joyride Run Flyknit shoes is like stepping on bubbles, but we’ve yet to test how true that is. On paper, the technology seems pretty impressive. Those TPE beds can bend and flex in all directions, which explains why Nike calls this system multi-dimensional displacement. In effect, it means each wearer can enjoy a personalized experience.
The system will make a debut via a new pair of kicks called the Joyride Run Flyknit. Unfortunately, it will be handed off only to members on July 25. Don’t fret, though — the general public can purchase a pair come August 15. It will cost $180. More Joyride variants will come out through to September. For more information, make sure to hit the link below.
Photos courtesy of Nike
The smartwatch space has been rather stale in several years past, with only Apple seemingly taking the reins. But a new challenger would very much like to change the way things are. Enter the Polar Ignite fitness watch.
Just announced, Polar’s new tracker is a mid-range GPS sports watch that bundles some of the technology from its Vantage lines with improvements in sleep tracking, overnight recovery insights, and more.
The new Polar Ignite is the watchmaker’s thinnest and lightest entry yet, which is sure to please customers who don’t want their wrist watches too bulky. On a single charge, the watch lasts up to five days, which is neither impressive nor too atrocious. It’s the sweet spot, and for $229 you get your money’s worth.
New features include Sleep Plus Stages, Nightly Recharge, FitSpark, and Serene. It also lets you track data in more than 100 sports. It comes with a so-called Precision Prime advanced optical heart rate monitoring technology. With three sensor types, this watch should provide you with super accurate and reliable heart data.
We’re not sure if this is really going to hold a candle to the Apple Watch, marketing-wise. It’s certainly brimming with heaps of functionality, but Apple’s strength lies in its ability to market luxury, ease of use, and its signature “it just works” ethos.
The Polar Ignite is available now in white, yellow, and black band choices. Additional bands, if you want to get them, cost $25 apiece. If you don’t have an Apple Watch yet or aren’t really a fan of Apple’s approach to fitness, this is worth considering.
Bicycle theft is an epidemic across the world. No matter which part of the world you live in, bicycles are stolen at a higher volume as compared to cars and big vehicles. It is a harsh reality, but bike theft is very common and is hard to deter. If your bike is stolen, there is a high possibility that you will never see it again. The police and authorities do very little to get your bike back especially if you live in a big metropolitan city.
The best precaution you can take is to protect your bike by investing in a secure, unbreakable lock. Cable locks and U locks are quite popular among bicycle riders, but there are a whole bunch of options to choose from. In fact, we are reviewing the best 29 bike locks that have good reviews and are effective to use. For each bike lock, we will have a look at its pros and cons, so you can look into some great bike lock brands in the market.
BEST BIKE LOCKS
Tonyon 5-digit combination cable lock provides maximum security to your bicycles. It has a length of 900mm and is made of solid zinc alloy lock plug with ABS shell. The chain itself is made of hardened manganese which is cut and shear resistant. The chain is covered with a thick dust cover which protects the bike’s frame from scratches and rust.
- Tonyon combination lock has a big dial for the digits so you can see them clearly.
- The lock is made to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Tonyon provides keyless convenience as you only need to, remember your code to unlock the bike.
- If you forget your code, you will never be able to open your lock, so it is important to remember your unique code.
- Brand Name Deway
- Shipping Weight 1.68 Pounds
Via Velo is an extremely versatile bike lock providing the benefits of both a standard U-lock and a cable lock. It provides the robustness of a U-lock while at the same time having the flexibility of a U-lock. Via Velo’s shack lock thickness is 14mm while the cable is 10mm in diameter. It is a great tool for securing your bike quickly without any hassle. It comes with 2 keys in case you lose one. The mounting bracket requires minimum effort to install on your bike and provides a storage place for the lock when not in use.
- Via Velo lock is an affordable option providing you the security of both a padlock and a cable lock
- It is covered in PVC coating to protect it from dust and dirt.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty for the U-lock and also has a 90-day money back guarantee.
- This lock comes with a matching key which means if you lose both the keys you cannot get a replacement key.
- Brand Name Via Velo
- Shipping Weight 3.6 Pounds
Vbestlife smart lock is made of dense copper and high-density ABS material. It is durable, waterproof, sturdy and is resistant to cutting and sawing. This smart lock connects with an app on your smartphone and triggers a 105dB alarm to deter theft attempts effectively.
It has three security alarms including vibration, clipping and disassembly alarm.
- The Vbestlife lock offers both manual and automatic unlocking.
- It is available in three different colors; red, black and blue.
- The app sends you notifications when the battery levels a are low and require replacement.
- It is an affordable option as compared to similar locks in the market.
- It requires 3AAA batteries to a function which is an additional cost every few weeks.
- Brand Name Vbestlife
- Shipping Weight 1 Pounds
Lattis Ellipse is a revolutionary product that has a dual locking mechanism which connects to your phone to provide a keyless entry. It is made of 17mm of forged steel that is resistant to cutting them and sawing. It has a built-in solar panel which eliminates the need for manual charging. If a thief tries to steal your bike, the lock automatically sends an alert on your phone through Bluetooth.
- The Lattis Ellipse locks and unlocks with a tap of your phone or automatically by proximity.
- It comes with a micro USB if you need backup.
- In case if you don’t have your phone with you, the touchpad allows you to unlock your bike by tapping into your personal code.
- This lock will open easily if the battery dies, so it’s important to keep an eye on the battery level every time you leave your bike.
- Brand Name Lattis
- Shipping Weight 3.7 Pounds
UShake is a heavy duty 4-digit combination lock that has a keyless locking mechanism. You don’t have to worry about losing your keys as you only need to remember your unique 4-digit code to unlock it. The shackle is made of 10mm of hardened zinc alloy that is resistant to cutting and leverage attacks. It has a durable cylindrical design which is easy to carry around due to being lightweight.
- UShake comes with 100% money back guarantee so you can make a risk-free purchase.
- 4-digit lock allows 10,000 different combinations which makes it impossible to crack.
- It has a 4mm PVC coating to prevent the lock from scratching and rust.
- Do not leave your bike out for too long if you are in a high-risk area as this lock can be broken with tools.
- Brand Name UShake
- Shipping Weight 1.4 Pounds
The Gvoo has a 5-digit combination lock which is resettable. The flexible steel cable is 1.2m in length which is covered in PVC coating to prevent scratching. It comes with a bike mount which allows you to carry the cable lock anywhere you like. It is ideal for securing bikes, skateboards, motorbikes, garden furniture, gates, grills, fences, tool boxes, and BBQ equipment.
- The 5-digit lock allows more are than 100,000 combinations are making it impossible to crack.
- It comes with a user manual with simple instructions on how to reset your own combination.
- Once you set your combination, you cannot open the lock if you forget it. You will need to buy a new one in that scenario.
- Brand Name Gvoo
- Shipping Weight 0.8 Pounds
Wordlock is a 5 feet hexagonal cable lock that has a rubber coating. It is available in black and blue colors with a similar color on the keys. Wordlock has a unique match key security system which means that each lock has a unique key shape, the color of the key matches the color of the padlock and word on the key matches the laser etched word on the padlock.
- Wordlock comes with two keys which is handy if you lose one.
- Each lock is unique and can only be unlocked by its unique key.
- It is a sturdy lock that is resistant to cutting, prying and sawing.
- Do not depend on this lock if you are leaving your bike out for longer periods of time.
- Brand Name Wordlock
- Shipping Weight 0.9 Pounds
Master Lock is a heavy duty mini U lock design which can a be used for indoors and outdoors. It a has a durable design with a 7-pin cylinder for maximum pick resistance. The hardened steel body is resistant to cutting, prying, sawing and can withstand 3 tons of force. Master Lock is a double locking shackle which provides full protection.
- This mini U lock is lightweight and convenient to carry around in your pocket.
- Master Lock is covered in vinyl coating thus preventing your bike’s paint from scratching.
- It is sometimes quite tricky to undo the lock.
- Brand Name Master Lock
- Weight 1.2 Pounds
Lumintrail is the thickest U-lock in the market, having a diameter of 18mm. It has a 5-digit combination lock which provides keyless convenience. The hardened steel shackle is resistant to prying, cutting or jacking. The 5-digit lock allows you to set your unique code out of 100,000 possible combinations, making it impossible to crack.
- The Lumintrial u-lock comes in three different colors; yellow, red and black.
- You can buy an optional 7 feet thick steel cable for extra protection and flexibility.
- The crossbar is rubber coated to protects your bikes paint and finish.
- This lock is not a lightweight option if you are looking for portability.
- Brand Name Lumintrail
- Shipping Weight Shipping Weight
Titanker is a 14mm braided steel cable lock that is available in four different lengths of 4,6.5, 15 and 30 feet. It has a double end loop, which makes it, extremely versatile too, adjust pad-locks, u-locks, and disc locks, etc. Different lengths are ideal for securing a variety of equipment such as multiple bicycles, motorbikes, skateboards, fences, gates, grills, ladders, lawnmowers, gym lockers, and outdoor furniture.
- It is available in four different lengths, so you can choose which one suits your needs best.
- It has a vinyl coating to protect your valuables against scratching and rusting.
- Titanker weighs only 3.8 pounds and is easy to carry around.
- Although the cable is quite thick and sturdy, it does bend or loop easily.
- Brand Name Titanker
- Shipping Weight 3.8 Pounds
The Amazer bike lock is almost 16mm in thickness (12mm of hardened steel shackle covered with 3.85mm PVC coating). It is highly resistant to cutting and leverage attacks, and the PVC lining prevents the lock from scratching your bike. The Amazer lock is a keyless design, so there is no fear of losing keys. The 4-digit lock allows you to set your own code which makes it difficult for thieves who often use universal keys to steal bikes.
- It is a heavy-duty lock that is made of steel and zinc alloy to provide optimum security.
- It is one of the lightest bike locks in the market weighing at 0.824 kgs.
- It is covered by a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not happy with the lock
- This bike lock is only effective for quick stops in a shop as it cannot withstand a bolt cutter for long.
- Brand Name Amazer
- Shipping Weight 2.1 Pounds
Foldylock is a robust folding bike lock that is the lightest in its category. The cylinder and components of Foldylock are designed to be drill resistant to prevent thieves from stealing your bikes. This compact lock is easy to carry around in a portable lock case, so you never have to be weighed down by carrying it yourself. The rivets on this lock have been specifically designed by VSR technology which can withstand sawing and cutting for extra protection.
- This lock is not only, flexible but is very robust and can withstand cutting and sawing.
- It is a silent lock which eliminates rattling noises that are common among other bike locks while riding.
- This lock is quite expensive; you should only invest in it if you have a high-end bicycle.
- Brand Name FOLDYLOCK
- Shipping Weight 5.7 Pounds
The VINQLIQ lock is made of zinc alloy and ABS making it extremely durable and lightweight. This lock has a unique folding design which is so small that it can disappear in your pocket. It is easy to carry around as it folds compactly and can be stored inside the mounted case on the frame. The lock has 9 sections which can connect into 38 inches and can lock several bikes together.
- The VINQLIQ folding lock is backed by a 30-day guarantee so that you can buy with confidence.
- It also comes with a 12-month warranty.
- It is an extremely lightweight lock weighing only 10.60 ounces.
- This lock requires a key which some consumers find inconvenient to carry around.
- Brand Name VINQLIQ
- Shipping Weight 1.1 Pounds
Trelock is a heavy duty folding bike lock with storage mounting bracket. Its total length is 34 inches when the bar is extended and has a unique X cylinder patent design. This cylinder design provides optimum protection from drillers, pickers, and pullers. The mounting bracket is quite sturdy and is convenient to carry or store when not in use.
- Trelock has flexible hinges which have the flexibility of a cable yet has the sturdiness of a U lock.
- When expanded, this lock can secure multiple bicycles at the same time and is strong enough to secure a motorbike as well.
- You will need to remember to carry a key with you to unlock the bike. Losing the key while out and about can lead to a lot of frustration.
- Brand Name Trelock
- Shipping Weight 1.1 Pounds
The AKM bike lock has the longest cable available in the market at 6 feet. It has 2 velcro straps so you can secure the cable in different positions on larger objects such as multiple bikes, gate, grills, outdoor furniture, BBQ equipment, etc. The cable is made of hardened steel which is resistant to cutting, sawing, breaking and shearing. The surface of the AKM lock is made of environmentally friendly silicone rubber and PVC to prevent scratches on the bike.
- The cable sheath protects the lock from rust and extreme weather conditions.
- The cable can expand to lock multiple items at the same time which is a unique feature to this lock.
- This cable lock is too long for securing a single bike, and you are better off finding another lock.
- Brand Name AKM
- Shipping Weight 1.1 Pounds
Meetlocks is a keyless security cable with a resettable 4-digit combination lock. The additional Velcro strap helps fix the lock in one position on the bike. The 4 feet cable is made of strong, flexible steel which is cut resistant. It is 12mm wide and has a vinyl shell for protecting your bike’s paint and frame.
- Meetlocks weighs only 12.1 ounces making it extremely portable.
- It is a durable lock which can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- The dial and cable do not get stuck like other similar bike locks in the market.
- The lock tends to swing around when cornering hard or bumpy terrain.
- Brand Name MEETLOCKS
- Shipping Weight 1 Pound
The Sigtuna is a 4-digit cable lock that is made of 12mm hardened steel and provides security in low and high-risk areas. The locking mechanism does not require a key, and you can reset your code as many times as you like. This lock comes with a mounting bracket, so you can attach it to your bike and take it anywhere you want.
- The Sigtuna lock has a protective synthetic coating that prevents any scratches on your bike’ frame.
- It is a multipurpose lock that is ideal for securing almost anything such as bicycles, motorbikes, grills, gates, fences, lawnmowers, ladders, gym lockers, etc.
- This 4- feet bike lock is CELAB certified and provides your ride optimum security wherever you go.
- This lock is a little tricky and hard to wrap around the bike which can be inconvenient for customers.
- Brand Name SIGTUNA
- Shipping Weight 1.2 Pounds
The Sportneer is an advanced 5-digit lock combination that allows 100,000 possible codes which make it impossible to crack. It is a keyless design, so you only need to memorize the code once without the hassle of carrying a key. The lock’s cable is made of hardened manganese steel which is resistant to cutting or clipping. It is covered with a zinc coating to protect against scratches and rust.
- As compared to other similar locks in the market, Sportneer 5-digit lock is a low-priced option.
- It is 3.2 feet in length which are ideal for locking lawnmowers, gates, fences, tool boxes and BBQ equipment.
- This lock should only be used for a quick run into a shop as it is not strong enough to withstand bolt cutters.
- Brand Name Sportneer
- Shipping Weight 1.6 Pounds
The Bristol heavy duty combination lock is a versatile design that has a PIN lock and a coiling cable. Most bikers have to carry two locks to secure their helmet/jacket and bicycles. This lock secures both your gear and your bike. You can also use it to secure skateboards, suitcases, bags, gym lockers, baby prams, gates, ladders, tool boxes, and outdoor furniture. The lock is made of stainless steel that has a rubber coating to protect your bike’s frame from scratches.
- Bristol combination lock is 100% waterproof and is guaranteed not to rust.
- It has a self-coiling feature, so you can easily fit it into your pocket and take it anywhere you like.
- This lock is weatherproof and anti-cut resistant. It is an ultra-durable lock that comes with a lifetime guarantee in case you encounter any problem.
- This lock is suited for a quick run into the shop or in a low crime area as skilled thieves can break this lock.
- Brand Name Bristol
- Shipping Weight 4 Pounds
The Kryptoflex 1265 is a 4-digit combination bike lock made of 12mm braided steel cable. The cable is cut resistant which has a hook and loop design that provides extra stability during transport. The Kryptoflex lock weighs only 1 pound and has a 12mmx65cm cable length.
Like most bike locks the Kryptoflex is a lightweight option to use for a school bike rack or your neighborhood café, but most cable locks cannot save you from skilled thieves.
- It is a keyless design which can be secured by a 4-digit combination. You don’t have to worry about carrying the keys or losing them.
- It is a lightweight lock with a hook and loop strap that is easy to carry.
- Rotating head makes locking up simple and easy.
- The Kryptoflex is not 100% theft proof, and you will need a bigger lock to protect against skilled bike thieves.
- Brand Name Kryptonite
- Shipping Weight 1 Pound
Temple lock is a 4-digit combination lock which is super lightweight. It has a user-friendly design which allows resettable combinations. The sleek design has a 3 feet cable which can secure valuables such as bikes, skateboards, doors, chairs, outdoor furniture, and garbage cans. It is a popular choice among bicycle enthusiasts; having 5-star reviews on Amazon and other websites.
- The lock is extremely lightweight (14.1 ounces) and has an ergonomic design.
- It is an affordable lock which is multipurpose. It can secure a variety of objects by a keyless locking mechanism.
- the You can reset the 4-digit combination as many times as you like which is a useful option if you need to lock your bike in the same place regularly.
- A little fiddly to use sometimes.
- Brand Name Temple Lock
- Shipping Weight 1.2 Pounds
The Nulock is the most versatile lock on the market. It comprises a 47-inch braided steel cable that can help secure multiple bikes, gate, patio grill and various types of outdoor furniture.
The Nulock is a state of the art bike lock which does not require any keys or combinations to remember. The lock connects with an app on both Android or iOS phones and has built-in alarms if the bike thieves try to break, clip or disassemble the lock.
- The lock is water resistant (certified) and splash proof so you can leave it out in the rain without worrying about damaging it.
- The lock operates optimally between -14 to 140 F, and its connectivity is not affected.
- The Nulock App will warn you if the battery of the lock falls below 20%, so you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries while out and about.
- The lock is water resistant (certified) and splash proof so you can leave it out in the rain without worrying about damaging it.
- Brand Name Nulock
- Shipping Weight 1 Pound
The Wordlock is a genius invention for those of us who have a terrible memory. Most bicycle locks in the market fall into two categories. Those who require a traditional key and those who need 3-digit codes to unlock them. Wordlock solves the problem of trying to remember your 3-digit code by allowing you to keep a 4-letter word as your code.
- It comes with a 5 feet flexible cable that you can loop, twist and locks your bike in any way you want.
- Instead of hard to remember numbers you can choose from a possible 10,000 letter combinations to choose a code for yourself.
- The entire lock is covered in the vinyl coating which minimizes scratching the frame and provides protection against the weather.
- Cable locks are generally not strong enough as they can be cut using bolt cutters.
- Brand Name Wordlock
- Shipping Weight 1.4 Pounds
The new Hiplok Lite is a lighter version of its predecessor and weighs only 1 kg. This lock has a sheath which allows it to be worn around the waist like a belt. It is a simple idea which saves you the hassle of carrying this lock around in a bag. The Hiplok design is adjustable allowing the bicycle rider to tighten the lock around his waist without actually locking the device, offering comfort, versatility and a level of portability never seen before.
- The lock can be worn around different waist sizes ranging from 26 inches to 44 inches in diameter.
- It provides outstanding portability that no other bike lock is offering in the market.
- You get the option to choose from four colors; white, black, blue and green.
- It uses a disc tumbler locking mechanism which is almost impossible to pick.
- It is a slightly shorter lock than most people’s preference.
- Brand Name Hiplock
- Shipping Weight 3.1 Pounds
The Kryptonite New York Series 4 is a six-sided chain made of hardened manganese steel with a protective nylon cover. It includes a 4-disc lock with maximum performance steel shackle. It has more than one million key variations with a patented oval crossbar for extra security. It also comes with a high-intensity bulb, replaceable battery, and a Key Safe Program.
- The 12mm six-sided chain is made of boron manganese steel for ultimate strength.
- It has a double deadlock locking mechanism and a steel crossbar design for extra security.
- This lock comes with 3 stainless steel keys with one of them having a high-intensity bulb and replaceable battery.
- The Kryptonite New York Series 4 is a really heavy lock weighing 5.95 kgs.
- Brand Name Kryptonite
- Shipping Weight 13.4 Pounds
The Kryptonite Series 2 lock combines the security of u-lock with the portability of a cable lock. This lock secures your bike’s frame and rear wheel fastening them to the rack while the cable adds an additional deterrent to your front wheel and saddle. It has a bent foot design that makes locking up effortless.
- The Kryptolok Series 2 is a medium sized lock that provides a decent amount of security which comes with 4” cable and a mounting bracket.
- It is affordably priced.
- A single cut from the grinder can disable this lock, so it’s advisable to use this lock for shortstops.
- Brand Name Kryptonite
- Shipping Weight 3.66 Pounds
The Ottolock packs a punch in a small portable design. It is a resilient bicycle lock which is perfect for those quick pit stops when you don’t want to leave your bike on its own. Ottolock can withstand bolt-cutters and power tools which other locks in its price range cannot guarantee.
It is pretty lightweight weighing only 151 grams and can be carried easily without feeling bulky or heavy in your pocket.
- Ottolock Steel and Kevlar lock will help to secure your saddlebags and saddle rails where it can coil up without getting in the way of your pedal stroke.
- The simple design allows you to set and reset 3-digit number, so you don’t have to worry about carrying keys or losing them.
- The lock is coated in Santoprene plastic which provides protection against scuffs and scratches.
- The Ottolock is not the best option if you are leaving your bike for extended periods of time or if you leave your bike at the same place on a regular basis.
- Brand Name Ottolock
- Weight 1 Lbs
Kryptonite locks have been a favorite among cyclists for all the right reasons. The New York standard lock is a maximum performance steel shackle. It has received raving reviews from numerous bike users because of its dual security feature. It secures both sides of “U” and locks them so tightly that even after using a grinder; it was necessary to use a hammer to get the locks ends off the bike rack.
It has a double deadbolt design that provides maximum security against theft attempts. The disc-style cylinder is pick and drill resistant providing you complete peace of mind when you lock your bike. It is an affordable option if you own an expensive bike and cannot risk losing it.
- New patented crossbar design which includes anti-rotation features that provide enhanced protection against twist and cut attacks.
- It comes with three stainless steel keys with one LED replaceable key.
- You can cover the lock with the sliding dust cover to protect it from dirt and debris.
- The Kryptonite New York lock is considerably heavier as compared to other locks; weighing 4.5 pounds.
- Brand Name Kryptonite
- Shipping Weight 4.5 Pounds
The Turbolock is keyless bike lock with keypad and shareable e-keys. It works with both Android and iOS phones by connecting with Bluetooth. You can use the app to grant temporary or permanent eKeys, add or delete users and check access history. The heavy-duty steel cable is durable and rated IP65. This lock is water and weather resistant and can withstand extreme temperatures.
- It comes with a one-year guarantee to guard against manufacture defects.
- You can give passcodes to friends you trust allowing them to access your bike when they need it.
- It has a long lasting battery life of up to 9 months and sends alerts when the battery is running low.
- The app is not user-friendly and can take time to get used to.
- Brand Name TURBOLOCK
- Shipping Weight 1.4 Pounds
BUYING GUIDE & FAQ’S
What to look for in a bike lock?
If you are looking for a high-quality bike lock which is unbreakable, there are a few features you need to keep in mind. You will need to decide how much money you want to spend, what kind of lock you need, what size lock is appropriate for your bike and whether you want to invest in a smart lock or not.
The best bicycle locks in the market are U locks and chain locks. Both locks are very secure as they are made from uncuttable metal and are simple to use. Bear in mind that cable locks can be cut with bolt cutters using brute force, so it is best to avoid them.
How to choose a bike lock?
The strongest bike locks are made from steel or titanium which cannot be cut easily. It is fairly easy for bike thieves to use bolt cutters or hacksaws to break a bike lock. But locks made from exotic materials like titanium or hardened steel are impervious to bolt cutter and hacksaw attempts.
The only way a thief can get through a titanium lock is by using an angle grinder, but they are noisy and cause sparks, so thieves don’t use them out in the open.
What is the best way to lock your bike?
No lock can completely prevent determined thieves from stealing your bike especially if they have the right tools but that doesn’t mean you need to make it easy for them. The first step is to choose the best lock for your bike and the second is to lock it properly. Believe it or not, a big population of bicycle riders is unaware of the right way to lock their bikes.
Always choose a busy street with lots of people and CCTV cameras around because it makes thieves nervous. They would prefer to unlock a bike that is hidden so that they can take their time. Make sure to secure your bike with an immovable object such as lamp posts or street light poles. Check that the bike cannot be lifted over the top and the objected (pole) cannot be unscrewed or dismantled easily. Avoid securing your bicycle against a tree or wooden post as they can be cut down.
Keep the lock away from the ground as thieves can easily hammer it down and take your bike. As a general rule always goes for the smallest size when buying a U lock; it gives thieves less room to pry it open with a crowbar.
Finally, the right way to lock your bike is to use a mini U lock that goes through the back wheel and secures the bike to something solid.
What are the best bike lock brands?
Although there are many bike lock brands on the market such as Hiplok, Master lock, Abus, Sigtuna, etc. but almost all these locks can be defeated in less than a minute except for Kryptonite. It provides maximum security for your bicycle and will only be beaten by a power tool which will be very noisy. It is an affordable option for bicycle riders providing them peace of mind while they are out and about.
We will review the best 29 bike locks available on the market, so you can figure out which one works for you. You can also check out reviews for each bike lock on Amazon before you decide to buy one.
As Steven Universe has taught us, fusions are a good thing. Pelican agrees, which is why it’s combined a cooler and a bag to make the next best thing for any burly travelers out there. Especially those who can’t leave their beer cans behind.
Thus comes the Pelican Dayventure Cooler/Sling Bag. If you know Pelican, you’re already familiar with its topnotch storage solutions. Pelican’s products are must-haves for any outdoor nut, offering exception insulation, protection, weatherproofing, and excellent chill retention. Just to name a few, of course. With over four decades of expertise in the business, it took on a new challenge by creating a robust and durable cooler solution you can literally carry.
The Dayventure Sling, as it’s officially called, is perhaps not the most pleasant-looking cooler we’ve ever encountered. But looks, of course, aren’t everything. And if all you care about is functionality and reliability, aesthetic shouldn’t really be a problem, anyway. What it lacks in presentation, it makes up for in incredible utility. You get a lightweight pack that features durable, puncture-resistant materials. Not to mention a compression-molded base to maintain its capsule-like structure as you go about the country.
Among the other highlights include its leak-resistant, waterproof zipper enclosure. This should provide easy access to all the beverages you plan to lug with you on trips. The Pelican Dayventure Sling has space for up to four wine bottles and 12 cans, roughly 8.5 liters of overall storage. It’s pretty slick, and you can get one now by hitting the link below.
Bertucci has now released a super limited-edition A-1S field exclusively in Japan. Fret not, however. If you want your hands on one, it’s fairly easy to nab even if it’s locked to the country on paper.
Just make sure to do so before stock runs out. This variant of the watch reverts to a classic field watch dial complete with luminous clock hands and markers. It comes in a black PVD 36mm stainless steel unibody case. Make no mistake — this thing screams luxury. Yes, even if its strap isn’t as fancy as those found on other options on the market right now. Selling for approximately $130, it’s also very, very inexpensive for a noteworthy watch.
You’ll find Japanese quartz movement, unsurprisingly. The watch boasts a four-year battery life and a black NATO strap with PVD black hardware. More specifically, it’s a long-lasting U.S. Patented B-TYPE Heavy-Duty Zulu nylon webbing band. Whether you’ll enjoy the understated design depends on your taste on accessories. This one, you should note, leans more toward the subtly sublime, replete with clean lines and minimalist aesthetics.
Other things of note are hardened mineral glass crystal, 100M water resistance. Bertucci, in case you didn’t know, is considered one of the world’s leading field watch makers. Nearly all of their offerings come in titanium, boasting one of the most impressive strength to weight ratios of any material. Not only that, the watches themselves are robust and highly reliable, and they feature all-original metal hardware.
Huckberry Just Kicked off Their Summer Clearance with Great Deals on Your Favorite Clothing and Gear
By now, you’re well aware that Huckberry is one of our favorites when it comes to outfitters that do clothing, everyday carry, accessories, housewares and, well, just about everything else. They just kicked off their…
Over the years, were are gradually learning new ways to improve personal hygiene. As such, we are going to touch-up on a routine can happen at any time — the call of nature. Going number one is pretty much fool-proof because we just let it run its course. For those who can spare a few more seconds, maybe wipe off the remaining moisture. Number two is more challenging in a sense, because of the cleanup job that comes right after. Therefore, it’s time to make it a little easier with the help of the Sonny portable bidet.
For centuries mankind has been using various stuff to wipe our bums clean. The invention of toilet paper continued to enforce that wiping is the only the way to go. However, studies tell us that this practice is akin to that of just spreading peanut butter all over. In other words, one big mess. Water is the best way to get all of the nasty stuff off. Those who have tried using a bidet can attest to its effectiveness and now you can have one handy in your pocket.
Installing a bidet at home means that you are saving a lot of money on toilet paper. Moreover, less usage means that it’s better for the environment. Sadly finding one can be difficult when you travel so the Sonny portable bidet is there to help. This portable personal cleaning gadget sports an anodized aluminum tube with a refillable water tank inside. A compact motorized pump sprays water out the business end and can last up to three weeks on a single charge. The set even includes a stylish charging dock that holds it horizontally while juicing up.
Images courtesy of Sonny
The Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 321 is back, everyone. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, Omega reintroduces the caliber 321 movement. Though this time it’s housed in the Speedmaster Moonwatch 321 Platinum.
Omega, the Swiss luxury timepiece brand, made the announcement nearly parallel the time when the first moonwalk happened 50 years ago. Though it was Neil Armstrong who first trailed the lunar surface, it was Buzz Aldrin, accompanying Armstrong in his stroll, wore the Speedmaster Professional during the iconic moment. People called the timepiece the “Moonwatch” ever since.
The watch is perhaps most famous for its intricate design. The original caliber 321 served as the first-ever movement used in the Omega Speedmaster in 1957. It also appeared in the Speedmaster ST 105.003, which astronaut Ed White wore during the first American spacewalk.
The caliber 321 chronograph powered the Moonwatch until 1968, when Omega swapped it out for the caliber 861. On the new watch, you can see the reinstated reconstructed caliber 321 through the back. The Speedmaster Moonwatch 321 Platinum boasts a 42mm brushed and polished case made from a special platinum alloy that uses gold. The case draws inspiration from the asymmetrical fourth-generation Speedmaster case.
It comes with a black leather strap and a platinum buckle, to boot. You’ll also find a black ceramic bezel here, complete with the Speedmaster’s tachymeter scale in white enamel. Other features include a step dial made from deep black onyx, and indexes and hands made from 18-karat white gold. More info when you hit the link below.
Photos courtesy of Omega
New Balance enlisted the help of several Japanese labels and together they came up with some pretty rad designs. Most notable of all for us is this New Balance 996 kicks from nonnative. For its 996 Collaboration Project, nonnative took a simple approach, reducing the kicks to their bare essentials.
The focus is on materials, not so much the branding. Which is why the shoes swap out the large “N” logo typically found on the 996 in favor of a smaller, subtler “NB” logo. This is a radical choice, but a sublime and very calculated one. The change seems small, sure, but it takes a lot away, including the cruft endemic to New Balance shoes.
There’s also a hairy suede, something you don’t see everyday from a pair of New Balance kicks. The brand added a yellowed sole on top of the suede to make it look like a used sneaker from the ‘80s. We’re not entirely we’re too pleased with this design choice, but it’s something. This variant also has a thicker tongue plus elastic straps, which means you can wear it comfortably even without lacing up.
Other brands New Balance collaborated with for this project include United Arrows, N.Hoolywood, Beams+, atmos, and mita. They’re an oddball bunch — some drew inspiration from minimalist design choices while others took more risks. Still, any person will surely find something from this collection to like. But for us, nonnative’s simple, nondescript look reigns supreme. Hit the link below for more information.
Photos courtesy of New Balance
It’s going to be a hard decision to make when given the choice between playing with a drone or a flamethrower. The former is obviously safe and packs a lot of fun until the battery runs out. However, the latter is undeniably awesome as long as you understand and follow the rules for safety. Therefore, imagine being able to mess around with both at the same time. Now, you can make your dreams come true with the Throwflame TF-19 WASP. This unique accessory turns your drone into a fire-breathing monster.
That’s right, once you have this on your remote control flying machine, there’s no going back. As long as you stick to the guidelines, there’s a lot that you can do with it. Before getting one, it might be a good idea to check with your local legislation first.
Nevertheless, despite its capability of lighting stuff up on fire, it is reportedly legal to own one. It’s somehow ironic that the manufacturer is calling it the TF-19 WASP. That’s because we’re betting a lot of people will have a field day using it to take down nests of these aggressive insects.
On the other hand, before anything else, it needs to be compatible with the drone. The manual suggests that as long as your gear can carry a payload of at least five pounds, it should be good to go. In order to keep the Throwflame TF-19 WASP as lightweight as possible, most of its parts use carbon fiber. Boasting a one-gallon fuel capacity, users will have about 100 seconds worth of firepower at their disposal. Additionally, the flames coming out of the nozzle can reach up to 25 feet.
Images courtesy of Throwflame
Amazon Prime Day is back again to bring you another iteration of “Black Friday in July” with steep discounts on, well, pretty much everything. Yes, there will be a lot of junk on sale that…
This one’s trending lately, and it’s not hard to see why. The Cold Steel American Lawman S35VN is an extremely robust knives. But that’s not especially unique considering knives Cold Steel makes are always extremely robust. What makes this noteworthy is its steel, which is apparently one of the best in the business.
The American Lawman S35VN features a 3.5-inch high-quality steel, fully drop point in shape. That means it’s a facile option for any cutting task, in the kitchen or elsewhere. Apart from its topnotch steel, the blade comes coated in diamond-like material for added endurance. As a result, it’s also corrosion resistant. Again, though, that’s not really special considering Cold Steel is a master at excellent blades.
Another highlight is the Tri-Ad lock, which the company says it has put through a hostile and rigorous torture test to ensure optimum safety. You can fold the knife when not in use, and it features expertly designed G-10 handles. That means it’s got excellent grip during both grip and retrieval. It’s also got a reversible clip.
In our opinion, this is the perfect Everyday Carry option if you’re in the middle of cobbling together a starting kit. It’s by no means the best choice, to be sure. But for what it’s for and what it does, you can’t go wrong with the American Lawman S35VN. This is a high-performance blade that’s no-fuss, no-nonsense, and ready as soon as you are. Hit the link below to see pricing and other details.